Today is my kind of day. It’s cool, but not cold, wet, but not raining, cloudy but
not dark. I am tempted to turn the
gas fireplace on and curl up with one of my ten books I’m in the middle of and
wrap my feet in a blanket and just enjoy. Very tempted.
I have a list of about twenty-seven things that need to get
done in the next few days. The
boys’ closets are bursting at the seams, the litter boxes need tending to, (oh
how they need tending to), the aquarium is beginning to look like a science
fair project on algae, the laundry, oh how I detest love laundry, the
chicken breasts are still frozen solid, the aeration bill is still sitting on
the counter waiting to be paid, the bathtub ring in the boys’ bathroom is
beginning to look like, well, let’s just say it’s not pretty, and the dry
cleaning has been sitting in the closet for two too many days.
Yet, I’m so tempted.
So, tempted.
Maybe I could compromise with myself.
I could put the chicken breasts out to thaw, start another
load of laundry, pay the bill quickly on-line and then take an hour and a half
and enjoy my book and still have time to get to the rest of my to-do list.
I’m tempted.
How many times do I get the house to myself, on a cool, wet
day? Four a year maybe? How could I disappoint the day and not
enjoy its gift to me, right?
That would be rude. You’re
never supposed to be rude when you receive a gift, are you? That’s just not polite.
Hmmm.
I think I just might have to negotiate with the cats as to
which end of the coach I get to sit on. Ok, I’ll just take the other end and skip the
negotiating. After all, there’s
really no negotiating with a sleeping cat, is there? Hope you get to do something you enjoy today.
I hope you were able to enjoy your day and your book! Those opportunities are never a waste of time. They are good for the mind, the body, and the soul! What book are you reading?
ReplyDelete