We sat next to each other at a
transfer/new student dinner the first time we met. We talked about school, and
just remember laughing and laughing. I remember his smile. We saw each other around campus once or
twice that semester, but that was all.
The fall semester came and we met again. We were both Resident Hall staff members at the college we both attended. This time was different. I couldn’t stop looking at him. We talked after one of the training meetings and I knew at that moment that I would marry him. I knew. It’s one of the moments in my life I will never forget. A moment when all the fuzziness becomes clear and the path stretches out before you with arrows pointing “this way, this way,” and you must follow it.
The fall semester came and we met again. We were both Resident Hall staff members at the college we both attended. This time was different. I couldn’t stop looking at him. We talked after one of the training meetings and I knew at that moment that I would marry him. I knew. It’s one of the moments in my life I will never forget. A moment when all the fuzziness becomes clear and the path stretches out before you with arrows pointing “this way, this way,” and you must follow it.
Within a few weeks, we both knew.
(Ok, so it took me one day and him a few weeks.) We got engaged almost 10 months later and married a year
after that. Today, marks
twenty-two years of marriage.
Twenty-two years of being beside my best friend and love of my
life. It’s a wonderful feeling, I
must admit.
Today we are celebrating the day
with a short trip north, holding hands, a walk in the park, dinner and watching
the sunset together. It’s our day.
I am a lucky woman to share my life with such a kind, loving, gentle and
caring man.
I can only imagine us twenty-two
years from now, celebrating our 44th.
We will have a slower walk perhaps, and our hands will show we’ve aged,
but our hearts will be the same as they are today and as we were twenty-two
years ago; beating as one.
So many people do not have the insight to recognize how fortunate they are. I am so happy for both of you. Enjoy your day and the next 22 years!
ReplyDelete