So many things have been swirling around in my head over the last few weeks and really need a place to just let them rest for a bit rather than hold onto them. My mind needs some space to breathe. Really breathe. Deep, meaningful breaths.
So, today, I am laying my thoughts here and may come back to a few of them later on, but for now, they need to just sit, so I can breathe.
Doing what is right for your children isn’t always easy and isn’t always popular to the rest of the world, but fits for your needs and values. As parents, we have to make sure our kids are respected and treated kindly and fairly. Sometimes that means you have to speak up and sometimes more than once. You can’t be afraid of what others may think, because what is right for you may not be right for someone else.
It’s ok not to have all the answers. No one really does and if they say they do, they are lying and you should run the opposite direction.
I don’t like tv. I really find it offensive most days and when I saw a commercial for a new show called “Bet On Your Baby” I about lost it. Are you kidding me? Bet on your 2 year old child to complete a task and win money? What? Trying to soften the premise by saying they are trying to win money for their child’s college, is not soft enough for this mom. Come on ABC. What in God’s name are you thinking? This is what our world has come to? This really explains why the rest of the world sees the U.S. as money hungry, walk all over your friends and family to get what you want type of country. I don’t have words. It’s not enough to just love your children anymore. You must make them stack a 10-story block house better than other two year olds for them to feel they are worthy! Unbelievable.
God is God. God knows all. God knows your heart. God knows what you think. God is God. God sees what you do, both good and bad. He sees and knows.
I’ve been participating in Deepak Chopra and Oprah’s 21 Day Meditation Challenge for the last few weeks and am finding it to be a soul care item that brings great calm to my morning. I’ve wanted to try it for so long, and this was the perfect way to try it. It’s been enlightening on how it has changed my thought process and world view. Really it has. I have to try and find time each morning so I can make this a new habit.
I need bifocals. Enough said. I need to make an eye appointment, soon.
I need bifocals. Enough said. I need to make an eye appointment, soon.
I keep coming back to these two phrases over and over in my mind……
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”
“Before you judge me, make sure you’re perfect.”
Thank you for letting me rest my thoughts here today.
Stephani, so glad you chose to rest your thoughts here. Your words reminded me of the power of meditation and were just what I needed today! Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by. I'm so new to meditation, that I don't think I can even say I "do" meditation yet, but have quickly found meaning in its practice and hope to make it a new soul care practice.
DeleteAmen to all of your thoughts! I completely concur. I'm with you on the tv thing. We got rid of our satellite about 4 years ago and got a Roku so we can watch Netflix instead. I couldn't take the commercials anymore and the filth that came with them. It was the best thing we ever did and my kids have never asked for the satellite back. Not once. I hadn't heard about that show on ABC. Thanks for the heads up. I like to watch some of the prime time stuff on my laptop once in a while so I will not bother with that one if I come across it. Good luck on your spring cleaning! Will you come do mine too?! :) Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteGinger, tv used to be entertaining but find there is so little time throughout a day, that I much rather read or write during that normal "tv" watching time. If I ever finish my cleaning, I'd love to stop by and start on yours! :)
Delete