It's May 10th. It is the 130th day of the year. (Don't you love Google?)
One hundred thirty days have come and gone this year and summer (if the weather ever decides to make up its mind) is going to be here in all its hot glory before we know it. I'm not a summer girl, never have been, but do enjoy having a lighter schedule and freedom to head to the movies during the day or to the mountains for a hike before the rain hits in the late afternoon.
Our summers seem so short, but we have 86 days to fill with some soccer camps, hiking, fishing, baseball, scout camp, camping, friends over, bon fires, sleeping in, and a vacation in there somewhere. By the time we get into the grove of summer, we'll be off and shopping for new school clothes it seems.
This summer I want to slow down and enjoy each day as it comes and be more open to letting things just unfold throughout the day. This is hard for a type A personality and control freak, mind you, but it is a goal (and so it gutting the boys' bedroom closets and dressers, but I'll keep that a secret for now).
As the countdown to the end of the school year begins, I hope you have plans for some iced tea or strawberry lemonade on the deck or front porch. I hope you have plans to read your favorite novel again and plans to breathe in the warm air as the sun sets over your favorite spot, because before you know it, it will be time to put up the holiday decorations and shovel the driveway. (For those of you wondering, you only have 228 shopping days left.)
That is an absolutely GORGEOUS picture! I love summer and the more relaxed schedule also. I'm counting down the days until my boys are out of school. I hope we all get a nice summer this year! :)
ReplyDeleteThe sky was only like this for a few minutes and then it was gone. A little gift from god to glimpse into the beauty of the heavens.....let the count down begin!!
Delete