Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Change Is In The Air

Can you feel the breeze through the window?   I can smell the change coming over the mountains.  The leaves on the trees flitter with excitement as they begin their journey from the tree very soon.  Change is in the air.

If there were parades to usher in each new season, I’d be the president of the planning committee to welcome in Autumn.   I’d make banners to march through the streets welcoming warmer colors, long sleeves, hats and soft scarves.  We’d hear marching bands beating their drums giving the trees permission to put on their new colors. Neighbors would dress their pets as pumpkins and line the streets with all spice and sugar cookie scented candles.  It would be a glorious affair.

Fall is my season.  It should be call the season of Stephani because I feel alive when the temperature changes and the clouds park themselves in the sky and the breeze is cool.   Some people enjoy the trickling of water, the crash of the waves, but me, I can’t get enough of the sound of leaves blowing across the road and pavement.  They rush to get to their unknown destination. I can breath deeper.  I love the change in the air.

 
Soon the pumpkins will be sitting on porches and the scarecrows will be propped in the empty flowerbeds and hay bails will sit beside front doors. Changes to the front door décor will appear as the flowery wreaths are exchanged for leaves, grapevines and amber ribbons.   Change is in the air.

My windows are open and the fresh air is splendid.  The coolness covers me with a warmth I cannot explain.  Change is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails