Here is the truth.
Plain and simple.
We all want to connect with one another.
Read it again. (I’ll wait.)
When it comes right down to the nitty-gritty of life, we all
want to be connected in one way or another. It is a truth for me.
Maybe that’s why I cry when I watch this video.
Or this one.
I went on a walk in the neighborhood this morning and found
myself saying hello to the mother walking her children to school, to the dog
owner of a brown and white spotted puppy, to the woman fixing the
broken sprinkler in her front yard and to the grandma collecting the weekly
advertisements from her front door, still in her robe mind you.
They all said hello back to me.
I texted a few people while I was walking too. Thoughts of them came to mind, so
decided to just text a hello or good morning. I just made a little connection to let them know I was
thinking of them. Nothing
fancy.
They all replied back to me.
There is a desire in each of us to be kind and share
ourselves. We are all alike in
this way. We are. Even our cats (who normally could care less about each other) want to connect to each other.
I hope today you will say hello to those you see or offer to
help open the door or reach out and connect with someone just because. You
don’t have to have a reason. You
really don’t.

No comments:
Post a Comment