Sunday, January 31, 2010

31 Days


It’s 10:48 PM on January 31, 2010.  Tomorrow we will all rip off the January page of our calendars and reveal a new set of days to be filled in with events, appointments and new memories and we will call it February. As I look back over the last thirty-one days, so much has happened.  I thought I’d share what was on my calendar before I toss it into the trash and it becomes but a passing thought. Here are a few of the things that filled the little boxes on my January page:

took down Christmas decorations
watched three RedBox movies
watched seven cub scouts make monster cookies
help sand a pinewood derby car
made dinner twenty-six times
played cheerleader at eight basketball games
sung hymns
worked-out sixteen times
read two books and eleven magazines
balanced the checkbook
folded forty-eight towels
had tea and homemade pumpkin muffins with my girlfriend
played sparkle with amazing fifth graders
took two naps
watched my little guy swim
started this blog
visited King Soopers six times
attended a cub-scout pack meeting
told the story of pandora’s jar to twenty-seven third graders
watched the boys ice skate
ordered pizza twice
made a world record scrapbook
prayed
made rice-krispie treats
drove 531 miles
made beds thirty times
ate lunch with my girlfriend
talked about baby names with my book club ladies
wrote about my thoughts and ideas
slept in twice
had a sleepover at my parent’s house
connected with old friends
visited the orthodontist’s office
watched the construction of a catapult

With three less days in the next month, how will we ever fit it all in?  I know my time management skills will pay off and that somehow I will find a way to make it work.  I can do it!  Here’s to a wonderful new page on your 2010 calendar.  Make each day count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails