I don’t have many wants in my life. I really don’t. Sure, I’d love to have a personal chef, or more time to read, but I seem to manage with my own salad making skills and always have a book in the car to read, should an extra ten minutes present themselves to me during a baseball game rain delay.
I am content.
That doesn’t mean I don’t have goals or dreams that I hope to reach or achieve one day. It simply means, that along this journey of doing and going, I am happy with what is in front of me right now. The view is pretty nice and many days it’s just plain majestic. (I love that word.)
Perhaps as we age, we realize that the working hard to save money, going on a big vacation, or buying that dream house is nice and can be very enjoyable, but it’s using that saved money to make someone smile, feeling the love from your family while on that vacation and creating laughter in that dream house that we really desire.
I have all that I need.
I have different “wants” than I once had. I want to appreciate my children while they are young and still learning the ins and outs of growing up. I want to sit quietly and listen to the words of the song on the radio. I want to spend time with my husband and hold his hand and laugh at ourselves on the pages of old photo albums (you know, the albums that have real printed photos in them that are stuck to the page?). I want to read and learn about so many things and to fill my heart with the beauty that surrounds my life.
My wants are simple.
Today, I want what life has to offer me on this fine Friday and to offer up my heart to those around me. I want only what I am meant to have on this beautiful day. I want what I have.
You always seem to put into words exactly how I feel. This is a beautiful post. I too just want what I have and feel content at my stage in life. It's nice to be at this place, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Ginger! It's great to be happy and to appreciate all that we have. I know I don't do this all the time, but should, even when I am upset or angry. Just a hard lesson to put into habit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading!