Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Have Girly Handwriting, But...

I have girly handwriting.  I like to make loops and curvy letters and always make each letter legible.  I used to write my name over and over until I got it just right.  I like g’s and any letter that ends in an upsweep like a cursive “n” or “m”. Basically, I write like a girl. 

But do I really?

I read quite a bit each day on my computer.  I read the news, school information, weather, my favorite blogs, recipes, etc.  I recently came upon a site that I thought was spam at first, but after reading about it, I thought I’d give it a try?

The site is called “I Write Like” and can be found here at www.iwl.me .  Simply copy and paste a bit of your writing/journaling into the box and it will analyze your word choice, style, etc. and tell you who you write like. 

I tried it. (Seven times.)

It came up with six different author’s names;  Cory Doctorow, Ray Bradbury, Dan Brown, William Gibson, David Foster Wallace and listed Oscar Wilde twice.

Apparently I don’t write like a girl.  I write like a man.  I find this fascinating.  The site is interesting, but the fact that I write like a man is more intriguing to me.  What about my writing is manly?  Do I ask too many questions?  Do I use stronger, less flowery words?  Hmmm.  Makes me wonder.   I might have to make a trip to the library and get myself a copy of Les Balloons or A Picture of Dorian Gray.    Maybe Oscar and I are soul writers?

I shall investigate and let you know!





3 comments:

  1. That's the weirdest thing! Mine were all men too! My last one was Stephen King... haha... that's funny to me. :) Thanks. I needed a little entertainment today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I got David Foster Wallace twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the strangest thing? Funny how we both got David Foster Wallace!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails