Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 4: 14 Days of Love - Photo Challenge

Taking photographs has become a wee little obsession of mine.  I love the process of taking hundreds of photos and then finding one that just grabs your eye.  The expression on their face, or the lighting behind an object, or the mood that is created are all part of the hunt for me when taking photos.  I look back at all the thousands, yes thousands of photos that I have and wish I had started my obsession many years ago.  Oh the pictures I could have taken.   I guess I'm trying to make up for lost time.  My boys have been known to get a little irritated with the snapping of my lens in their faces, but I know one day they'll be thankful I took so many.  They'll never forget a moment of their lives that's for sure.  

Over the weekend, I went fishing with our oldest like I mentioned to you yesterday and while I was sitting and watching him fish, my eye caught a heart shaped rock.  This isn't the first one I've found there.  So many beautiful stones in the river and this one was waiting for me to pick it up.  It was cold on the bottom, but warm on the top where the sun had been shining on it all morning.   I snapped this photo and tucked it into my pocket for the ride home.  I have a collection of found heart rocks.    Today I'm sharing my pink river rock photo with you and hope it will make you smile, because I did when I found it.  (I took some liberties with the editing and became fond of the shocking pink that emerged as I was playing with it. It really isn't pink.)   Enjoy your Monday.

found heart river rock


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails