I guess you could say I'm an early riser. My body clock goes off at 4:25am each morning with a glance at the clock and then I gradually fall back asleep just as the alarm goes off for the day. The morning is my favorite time of the day.
Our oldest and Grandpa have headed out once again on a fishing excursion to catch the winter "big one" and I am sitting in his room with the window shades opened and can hear the three little wrens chirping to their friends. Our youngest's music is playing in the next room at a level fairly loud for sleeping music and my sweet husband, still recovering from his cold, is tucked under the covers with a cat at his feet. I love this quiet of the house.
The morning offers me time to gather my thoughts and prepare for the day ahead. I have read a page in my "The Book of Awakening" by Mark Nepo, read the headlines and am contemplating a cup of hot blueberry tea and some blackberry jam toast. Too bad, mornings don't come with room service.
I'm looking forward to our youngest's soccer game this afternoon and then possibly a nap later. Yes. The type of nap where you turn off the lights, close the blinds and get under the blanket. A true nap. It's important to slow down when you can. We don't do it often enough and when the weeks are filled with soccer, basketball, scouts, homework, on-line classes, friends, and so much more, it's good to start the morning slow and plan a nap. It's good for your soul, at least my soul.
It's supposed to be in the low 60's today. A little out of the ordinary for us, but good fishing and soccer weather for certain. I hope you will take time today to slow down a little, enjoy the sunrise, your hot coffee (or Dr. Pepper) and enjoy a slower pace today. Listen to the birds, feel the breeze on your cheeks and embrace your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment