Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Believe In...

I came across a writing prompt the other day that I thought I’d try.  The suggestion was to write a list of twenty things that you truly believe in.  When I first read it, I thought to myself that it would be easy, but as I made my list, I found the task to be a little tougher than I anticipated. My list is a mixture of tones, and thought it important not to take the task too seriously.  Maybe later today, you too can sit and jot down a list of what you believe in.  I’d love you to share your favorites with me.   Here goes.

I believe in God with my whole being and that everything happens for a reason. We may not always understand the reason here and now, but a reason exists.

I believe my family is a precious gift given to me to enjoy and share this life with.

I believe I have the determination to do anything, if I want it badly enough, but sometimes have such contentment with “the norm” that I don’t push myself to reach my full potential.

I believe you should have a hobby that stimulates your mind, body and soul and faithfully participate in that hobby.  It may be the key to a long life.

I believe my children will grow into the most amazing adults and will continue to surprise me with their abilities and passion for life.

I believe in treating yourself to something you love every once in a while, be it a new scarf, a massage or thirty minutes alone in the bathtub.

I believe having a pet makes children more loving.

I believe dropping a babies’ pacifier on the ground and then cleaning it by licking it, will not give your child the “cooties” or make them deathly ill.

I believe our world’s difficulties could be resolved by simply making kindness a priority and selflessness a must.

I believe there can be more than one “right” answer.

I believe making mistakes and learning from them is a vital part of life.

I believe $100 face cream is just as effective as $3 face cream.

I believe trust makes life less complicated.

I believe children learn more from their parents than parents think they do.

I believe in being on time.

I believe everyone should have a best friend they can completely be themselves with and laugh about life.

I believe you really do feel physically better after a good cry.

I believe we take ourselves too seriously most of the time.

I believe Home Ec should be taught in every middle school and high school and be a requirement for graduation.

I believe the world has changed in both positive and negative ways since I was a little girl.




1 comment:

  1. I like this one! I'm probably gonna steal this idea for a blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails