I am up earlier than normal today and have decided to take advantage of the solitude before the morning routine swings into action. I’ve made myself a cup of tea with coconut creamer (my new favorite flavor) and toast to go with it for breakfast and have crawled back in under the covers.
As I sit here, I have a perfect view from two of our bedroom windows of the morning sky. Over twenty minutes, it’s changed ever so slowly. What is a vast sheet of colorless darkness has quickly given way to a deep shade of cadet blue, but only slightly visible through the smoky grey clouds. It’s not quite spring time, so am not able to hear the morning calls of our feathered neighbors. That distinct sound is one that defines the morning for me.
Only minutes have passed since I started writing and the sky is opening its wings and the clouds are now finding their way back to their resting spots until they are needed again. The color is now walking that fine line between white and robin’s egg blue. It’s as if it can’t decide which color to be for the moment and waffles back and forth between the two. Its tranquility is impressive.
My time of serenity is coming to an end as the digits on the clock continue to climb. I wish I could let them both sleep in but their days await them as does mine. It’s a day filled with activities and friends. As I finish typing, I will stare out my windows for a few more moments and try to remember this quietness of the morning sky as the goldenness now begins to dominate the canvas.
No comments:
Post a Comment