Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trusting Today - Faithful Today

When you have one of those moments, it’s yours to keep forever.  I wish I could bottle it up and keep it in a special place and open it up any time I needed it.

I had one of those moments this morning.

We, as I know so many of you do as well, have very busy calendars and most months, it looks like graffiti on the fridge with all the reminders for cub scouts, basketball practice, play practice, meetings, hockey travel, birthday parties, teaching days, homework projects, book club, dinner with friends.  Need I go on?   Let’s just say, to a new parent, it would be frightening to see.  

This year, I made a decision. I have given up any and all worries about our calendar.  I have told myself, that if it’s meant to be, then we’ll find a way to make it work.  The schedules will allow or not allow for it.   So far, (and I realize I have probably just jinxed any future cohesiveness) we have not had any scheduling problems.   Many would say this is luck, but I don’t really believe in luck.  I never have.  I believe this to be trust and faith in the bigger plan. 

So back to the "moment" today, I called for my oldest son’s basketball game schedule AND, it fits into the schedule.  Yes, it does.   That means he doesn’t have to miss any of his musical practices.  He’ll be able to attend the practice and then play the game.   Amazing.  Simply amazing.

Maybe it seems small in the scheme of the world, but for me, it’s huge.   You have no idea the stress I’ve put on myself over the last few years worrying about this very thing.   This year, I have given up the worry and have trusted that it will work out and look what happens when you trust and have faith.   No stress.  Busy people.  Happy people, but minus all the stress and worry.

The amazing peace that filled my entire being when I hung up the phone will be with me for the rest of my day.   Letting go of control can be very frightening, but exhilarating at the same time.  Today, it’s all about the exhilaration for me.   Trusting today.  Faithful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails