I’ve started this post four times. It’s supposed to be a big post, a celebration post, but I’ve decided to just write (type) what comes from the tips of my fingers straight from my heart. I don’t know where this will go, but I do have something to share amongst all these organized letters.
Friday was my one-year blog anniversary.
(I know, I know. I should have posted this on Friday, but I’m a real person with a real life and I got busy. Truth.)
It’s kinda cool. Ok, so it’s mostly cool to me because I actually did it. I followed through. I kept up and wrote consistently about whatever came to my mind. I was brave, silly, honest, nonsensical (I’ve always wanted to use that word), bored, joyful, thankful and tried to be graceful along the way with the words that some days took over my entire being. I am proud of myself.
I set out to take a risk and live (a little) outside my very neat, white, square box and put my words into written form for all the world to see. And, I did it. The words are out there and the world has seen them. I don’t know what it means just yet, but that’s ok. Is this a prelude to a book, a published journal for my safekeeping, a job as a column writer, a magazine creator, a public lesson in grammar and spelling, a newsletter editor? Only time will tell.
I think it’s fine to dream and want to get better at something and keep…doing…..writing. I don’t know what will become of my writing or where it will or won’t take me, and I’m ok with that too. I love the process, the journey itself. I just have to move forward with it a little every day. Try new things, participate in a few contests, or a blog hop, or a comment fest (blogging terms I’m adding to my vocabulary) or maybe a letter to the editor.
I’m not setting any grand goals or putting any pressure on it, because I’m afraid that will take some of the joy away from my fingertips. What ever will be will be.
I hope that you will continue to follow my journey and stop by and leave a comment or two (or three or four) so I know how I’m doing. I love when I have a comment. It’s like getting a tiny wrapped present under my pillow in the morning.
So today, I will celebrate in my own little way and carry around with me a sense of accomplishment, a sense of pride and will have a little skip in my step just for the heck of it. I’ll leave you with a few little tidbits about my year of blogging. Thanks for reading and come on by any time you have a few extra minutes. I love company!
I’ve had 2,924 visits to my blog.
(You’ll have to subtract about 200 of those as my own, however.)
Pawl and Ratchet is my most read blog. (41 reads)
I’ve had visitors from 10 different countries including Slovenia, Russia, and South Korea!
I’ve had 166 posts (that’s almost every other day)
I have 30 followers on my site and 64 followers from Blog Frog.
My favorite post is always the one I just finished.
Happy Anniversary to me. Now bring on the cupcake.

Dream big, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathy for the encouragement. I appreciate it so much!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Blog from me!
ReplyDeleteYour words reap with encouragement and inspiration for finding joy in everyday life!