Friday, March 4, 2011

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming


I love that line in "Finding Nemo" when Dory is talking to Marlin, who is being Mr. Grumpy Gills, “Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.” 

Life has been a little busy lately with musical rehearsal, musical performances, cub scouts, leaders meetings, field hockey practices, school testing, car dying, car buying, basketball practice, baseball practice, house cleaning, and all that comes with kids, family time and busy schedules.  

I have to admit, I’ve been a bit on edge with it all this week.  I’m just needing a day to unwind and drink a full cup of hot tea before it gets cold because the phone rings and the doorbell rings at the same time.  

I think this is how we get sick.  We just go, go, go until our bodies force us to slow down.  I’m thinking that today, I don’t have that much to do, since I did a marathon of tasks yesterday, so will try to take fewer steps in the world, drive less, and sit down to enjoy that hot pear tea.  It always makes me feel better and gives me the energy to just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.  (You have to sing it like she does when you read it to get he full effect.). 

Enjoy your weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails