Do you see my problem? I didn’t have this desire when I was in college. I enjoyed it, don’t get me wrong, but the appreciation for knowledge wasn’t there at that time in my life. It’s there now.
If you were to see my library card, you would tell me to stand in line and get a new one. I’ve had it for over fifteen years now and it’s beginning to show signs of intense wear. But, I like the personality it has. It has a history. My interests and how they change daily are logged on that card. If you were to pull a history of my recent check-outs you’d probably think I had multiple personalities or something.
I can’t seem to narrow my interests down to a single path. Some days I can, but other days, it’s like looking at the aisle in the paint store at all the color possibilities. I’m drawn to them all and they all have a unique place in my heart. Red is bold. Yellow is lovely. Blue is crisp. Brown is warm. I love them all.
I love anything crafty because it makes my soul sing. Getting my hands dirty is very satisfying at the end of the day. I love learning how to enhance my life in beautiful ways. Keeping a journal or surrounding myself with candlelight is calming. The psychology of it all is intriguing to me. I love anything that brings clarity to God and our purpose here on this earth. The world religions are fascinating to me and could study them all day.
But I don’t have all day, and that is where I stumble; so little time. I want to pick the correct path. Is there a wrong path in learning? Perhaps not. I try to focus on the fact that I want to learn each day and that in its own right is healthy and feeds a daily need for me. Perhaps it’s a phase of life that we all go through? I am waiting by open doors and windows for that little bird to sing my song and draw me to it. Then, I will know which way to walk. Until then, I will gaze at their openness and potential and appreciate them for all they could bring. I do hope that little bird shows up soon.

I love this post. Your words express my deep down feelings as well. Maybe it's the stage of life we are in. I can't seem to "learn" enough. I scour books, blogs, magazines, the web - whatever I can find. I'm like you - I just want to soak up what knowledge I can. I try to spend my time on the "best" as I sort through the "goods" and "betters" of all that is out there to learn. I hope you are having a good Pancake Day! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comment, Ginger! Perhaps it's just a stage of life. Thanks for the "Pancake Day" well wishes also!
ReplyDelete