I know I’m not alone. I know you will be watching. You’ll watch from the couch or from the warmth of your bed (since it will be VERY early in the morning). I know you will, even if you say you won’t. You’re curious just like the rest of us. It’s ok to wonder and want to see it. I’ll have to set my alarm, but I’ll be up and watching as William and Kate walk down the tree-lined aisle of Westminster Abbey. Yes, they are bringing in trees (six English Field Maples and two Hornbeams) to line the aisle along with plants, and flowers galore. Can you even imagine the glorious aroma that will fill the church?
I love all the hubbub that will go on and all the pomp and circumstance with the Royal mews (go ahead and look it up, I had to too!), the mounted military, the carriage, oh the carriage. Wouldn’t it just be grand to ride in that carriage? I do think it would be splendid. (Do you like my British speak?)
I don’t care what anyone says about it being silly to get up at 2/3/4AM to watch it in all its glory. I am going to watch every minute of the day as it unfolds and celebrate the history-making event that it is and enjoy the beauty that royalty can afford. I can hardly wait.
I think part of the thrill for me is that no one (us commoners that is) knows what to expect. We will all be surprised by what we see as we see it unfold right before our eyes. What crown will she wear? Will the bridesmaids be in white or spring colors or a deep navy blue? Will she have a train? Will he carry a sword? Will he wink at her as she steps beside him? Who doesn’t love a fairy tale? I know I do and there will be no laughing at me when I cry. I’m not a betting person, but if I was, here is what I’m willing to bet:
She will wear a ball gown with a 15-foot train.
She will wear an all diamond crown that has historical ties to the Spencer family.
She will have color in her bouquet.
The bridesmaids will wear multiple shades of one color.
He will wear his military uniform and wear white gloves.
He will not wear a sword but have some sort of sash with medals on it.
He will speak to the church and mention his mother and get teary eyed.
The queen will be moved to tears.
They will stay on the balcony longer than Prince Charles and Princess Diana did (4-5 minutes)
and kiss twice for their public, not once.
and kiss twice for their public, not once.
I can hardly wait. I will be watching from my bed, under my warm covers, with no makeup on and will not be wearing my tiara. It’s in the safety deposit box. Cheers to the happy couple.

No comments:
Post a Comment