Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gonna Need A Bigger Cup

This week has been one of those weeks where my cup has truly runneth over.  I think I could use a mug right about now.  I need one of those big touristy types that have my name on it (misspelled of course) and are too big to hold in one hand.

I have been hit in the face with such grace and blessing that I have been teary eyed most of the week, but in a good way.

I taught on Monday and was moved by how our elementary school truly cares about the students and the world around us.  The Junior United Nations was meeting before I came into the library and was discussing how to raise money for the Japan earthquake victims and how they were planning on making paper origami cranes to send to Japan.  It was so wonderful to see them early before school caring about others half way around the world. 

Later that morning during one of the classes, I watched a student discuss so wonderfully how he would handle a conflict with his peers if they were having trouble getting along.  He truly “got” the lesson and knowledge was pouring from his mouth.  I was happy to witness such a small yet profound moment.

Our dishwasher died this week and to top it off, it leaked for several days through to the basement ceiling.  Normally I would have been very upset, but there was a calm within me that it wasn’t a huge problem or disease and knew it was a fixable problem.  It was simply a patch in the ceiling that needed repair.  Yes, we needed to buy a new dishwasher as well and don’t like having that expense, but am so thankful that we have the ability to just go pick a new one out and pay for it and go on with our life. 

Our children are involved in many activities and almost always we are the only parents where both are present at the events.  I know it’s not possible for many, many families to attend everything and we’ve had a few things here and there that we both can’t attend, but that’s the minority for us.   We are so fortunate that our schedules and lives allow us to be present for them. 

I could write thirty more small examples of the blessings and grace that have been poured over us this week.  Our health, our families, our neighbors and friends to name but a few.  The list has been so great this week that I cannot be anything but grateful for the life we have and for all those that touch our lives each and every day.  If it keeps on like this through the rest of the week, I might have to get two mugs to carry around.  One will never be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails