Thursday, December 15, 2011

Staying Inside Today


It’s 7:07 AM.  My eyes are open.  I’ve made breakfast for three of us and sent two on their way to start their day of finals and work.  One is still tucked in his bed, electric blanket on, cat sleeping on his head and a smile on his face.  I’ve crawled back in bed for a few minutes to send out the last party reminder e-mails, read my daily devotionals, and am listening to The Toy Trumpet  by Al Hirt on the Sounds of the Season station.

Christmas is fast approaching and before we know it, our guests will be sipping hot chocolate with the candy stirrers we found, eating cookies shaped like stars and singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer when it comes on.   It will go by quickly and then we’ll be worried about starting another new year. 

I was out and about all day yesterday and so today feel the need to be inside with the Christmas carols on in the background while I thumb through the recipes I’ve collected over the last few weeks, fold another load of laundry (the never ending chore) and tote my children to and from their destinations, oh and look for the missing two stockings.  (How two got separated from their mates eludes me.)  

Here’s to hot tea, matching socks, folding dishtowels, wrapping gifts, Christmas carols playing and maybe if you’re lucky, a flake or two of snow falling from the sky.

Happy Thursday (and happy birthday to my beautiful mother).


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails