Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas

Yes, there are only 12 days left until Christmas is really upon us.   That means you only have 12 glorious days to finish (or start - I’m not naming any names here) your holiday shopping.  You only have 12 days left to stock up on groceries for all the delicious goodness you’ll be baking and cooking.  You only have 12 days to mail your packages before you have to pay for overnight delivery charges (which WILL be more than what you paid for the gift, I promise you.)  You only have 12 days left to make the Christmas music cd to listen to on Christmas Eve.  You only have 12 days left to find the stockings (ok, that one just belongs to me.  I can’t, for the life of me, find them!)

There’s not much time left, so, if you’re trying to come up with a great recipe using red hots, or need a craft for the little ones, or you just need some photo ideas during the holidays, I have the answer.

Pinterest.com
Yes, I know this site has been around for quite some time and I’m late to the table, but, I can’t get enough of this site.   You need an invitation to join, so if you need one, let me know in the comments and I’ll send you one.  (I’ll need your email address to send it.)

It is creative heaven for me.  I love all the ideas and beautiful photos.   Such inspiration comes from these simple little pictures.

Basically, the site is a virtual bulletin board for you to “pin” all your ideas that you come across while on the internet. (They have a button you can install onto your toolbar or bookmark bar and when you come across something you love you can “pin” it to your board, where ever you are on the internet.)  Once you join, you can search for anything and I mean anything and hundreds of other people’s “pins” show up.  Click on one you like and it will display the pin and how to get to the site where it was found.  You can also create your own boards with your own ideas and “pin” them for reference later on.  This is the fun part.  You can create a virtual bulletin board of house decorating ideas, or recipes you want to try, or jewelry you want to make and never have to go searching for the bookmark you thought you saved somewhere.    

It’s one of those sites that you just have to try.  It’s very simple.   The concept is genius.

I thought I’d share a few of my favorite items I’ve found through the site.  I hope you enjoy them and again, if you want an invite, just let me know and I’ll send you one.  Be advised however, you WILL become addicted.  I promise you.  The first day or two, you won’t be able to stop browsing all the beautiful ideas.  Not that that happened to me, but it might happen to you.











1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails