It's no secret that autumn is my very favorite season. I'm not quite about it.
There is something intangible about this time of year that words cannot express for me.
It quiets my soul. It creates a peace inside my every bone that carries me through the day.
I can breathe deeper than at other times in the year.
I don't know why.
I am more aware of my feelings and thoughts and emotions and those of my loved ones as well.
It draws me into a space that comforts me and soothes every worry.
It delights my senses. Apples. Cinnamon. Pumpkin.
I see more during the months to come. I feel more.
I don't know why.
Fall is a time of renewal and contemplation; a time to brush away the old,
tuck away the heat of the summer and breathe in the crisp vanilla air.
tuck away the heat of the summer and breathe in the crisp vanilla air.
I am ready for the change of colors.
I am ready for wet streets in the evening as the mist comes across the peak.
I am ready for the change of the season guard.
I am awaiting its arrival at this very moment.
Awaiting its arrival...
| my instagram of a bush awaiting autumn on my walk this morning |
No comments:
Post a Comment