Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Breathing Deeply


I love to walk in the morning right after I drop the boys at school.  It’s a beautiful time of day and find it sets me on the right track for all that lies ahead of me throughout the days’ events. 

It’s my breathe deep time.   

I’ve found that my day truly is calmer and runs more smoothly if I do this self-care practice.  It only takes about forty minutes, but it’s my forty minutes to think and ponder and pray and breathe and smile and fill my lungs with the freshest of mountain air there is.  I need this time to center myself and remember what my priorities are and make sure my actions mirror them. 

Everyone needs this kind of time to be alone and appreciate all that is ours.

The sunlight is perfect at this time and sparkles on the dew that covers everything. The sidewalks are wet from the sprinklers in the yards and the flowers are opening back up from a night’s sleep. I wish I could bottle up this time and open it whenever I need.

Once I’m home, I usually sit on the back deck and listen to the leaves and the birds and breathe in all that is mine for the day.

I hope this week you will find time to fuel your soul and center yourself before you’re off and running for the day.  Take that time to breathe deeply and remind yourself of all the beauty that is in your life right now and appreciate all the good that surrounds you.  

Here’s to breathing deeply and refreshing your soul.


1 comment:

  1. I like your description of your great use of time. I love the early morning hours. I see so much going on around me better than in the night time. Yes, everything is fresher in the morning hours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails