Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kenmore's Symphony No. 4


I’d never given it any thought
   and if I did, it was that it was loud       
   and annoying at times
   and always takes forever. 

Today I gave it some thought
   and it isn’t annoying.

I listened and didn’t just hear
  and I listened more, this time harder.

The symphony, not quite is it yet
   and yet it is.

Every piece plays its role for the audience
   and they start with no hesitation.

There is purpose in their song
   and they want to be heard.

The sleeves hold the solitary chestnut 
        towel  
   and swim together in harmony as I 
        take a peek.

“Mountain Fresh” fills the tiny room
   and the symphony goes on.

The heat thaws my cold fingers at its touch
   and I close the door.

The gold zipper makes its entrance
   and “KA CHA” is heard again and again.

Drums beat over and over as the zipper “KA CHAs”
   and tiny buttons “ting” their way through.

The song is ever changing
   and when it’s over, it’s over.  No more.

A blast signals it is time to applaud.
   and I do.

And I do.



An poem exercise from an on-line course, "More Poem it Out" with Liz Lamoreux.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails