I am enjoying a beautiful on-line course with Liz Lamoreux called "More Poem It Out". Throughout the next four weeks or so, I will be sharing some poetry exercises and poems of mine. We are exploring poetry through assignments, journaling and photography prompts and am loving every exercise we do. I hope you will come along with me on this poetry journey and continue to visit my little corner of the world.
Today I am sharing a poem I call, "Wisdom". I gathered words from a book and wrote them down and then created a poem from the collected words adding as few words as necessary to create flow or meaning. (The words in italics are the gathered words.) The word wisdom actually appeared twice during my gathering so thought it necessary to use it twice. Perhaps this week you can check out a book of poetry and try some yourself. I've found it to come very easily for me and is often a more meaningful way to express myself than in complete sentences. I don't think in complete sentences, so it seems only fitting to write this way as well.
Happy Poeming.
WISDOM
the soul, pierced brave,
rises merely above
the precipice.
deeper grace possible
echo lurking inside
the ravine
wisdom will
sustain the erosion,
wisdom, will remain, wordless.
No comments:
Post a Comment