Monday, May 10, 2010

Shoe Challenged

In a few weeks, my husband and I will be taking a trip to NYC and I can hardly wait.  We don’t get much time together just the two of us, so am really looking forward to some handholding and window-shopping. (OK, so maybe I have a store or two on my list that I must see, and will probably not walk away empty handed, but don’t tell him that.  It’ll be a surprise!) 

We’ll be there for a week, but much of the time is scheduled (as it’s a “reward” trip he earned through work) so will have to make a small list of the main things we hope to see and do on our free time.  We’ve been several times before, so this time we hope to take in the more leisurely parts of the city, like a stroll through Central Park, a walk up the streets of Little Italy or a visit to MOMA.  To be honest, I really don’t care what we do, as long as we have time together to just relax.

The only thing I’m a little concerned about, to be honest, is my shoe situation.  I never have good luck in walking cities when it comes to my feet.  First day out and inevitably, I get a blister or the bend in the shoe is right in the wrong place and I’m a walking disaster for the rest of the trip.  I could sure use some help in this department. I don’t want to look like I was just plucked out of the Midwest, which is hard to do as I’m about as basic as it comes and fashionably challenged in many ways.  But at the same time, I don’t want to be uncomfortable either and try and “walk the walk” in heels and look like I’m trying to fit in, which I am.  Those who try too hard stand out even more and I definitely don’t want to be one of those either.  It's pretty much a lose lose situation for me, isn't it?

Any of you fashionistas out there who could offer some advice, I’m all ears AND feet! I don’t want to be spotted by the fashion police and be featured in People’s Magazine’s “Fashion Don’ts” section for sure.  Please help.   

2 comments:

  1. Go for a wedge sandal in cream or a an earthy neutral (green maybe?)... it has the height of a heel so it will look chic with anything (skirt, dress, capri's, shorts, jeans...) but it will be comfier than a stiletto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I'll look for a pair!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails