Today is Tuesday. My youngest is at a sleepover, my oldest has a friend over and they’re both still asleep, my husband just left for work and I’m still in my pajamas.
The thought…”what should I do today” has been racing through my mind. It’s already 9:20 (I know, I shouldn’t be in my pj’s still, but I am) and haven’t really done much except brush my teeth, iron my husband’s clothes and made breakfast. Does that count as being “busy”?
I really need to start painting the boys’ bedrooms today, but.....(I could insert about six reasons why I should wait and start another day here). I guess it just comes down to wanting the day to be a little less structured and not “busy”. Getting all the painting stuff out, taping the woodwork, moving furniture, laying down the tarp, etc. is a lot of work. I know once I get started, I’ll be fine and enjoy having the radio on and seeing my progress, but….
Why is it I always do this? By nature, I’m not a procrastinator at all. I’m a believer of get the work done first, then relaxing will be more enjoyable because you’re not thinking about all that you need to do. For some reason though, I’ve just been in this slow motion mode for almost a week and don’t know that I like it or not. I’ve always been a go go go type and this last week, I’ve just been the slow slow slow type. Maybe I’m finding my inner turtle? Maybe I have finally realized that sometimes you just have to relax and breathe.
I know it’s not a life or death decision and really has no impact whatsoever on the continuation of the world as we know it, but it’s just another item in my life that has made me ponder what’s important. Keeping busy? Going so fast you don’t remember to look out the window? Or, enjoying the breeze on the deck? Reading for two hours straight together on the couch?
I’ll let you know how Tuesday turns out. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment