You know I’ve been feeling a bit slow lately, but not in a bad way, just in a “enjoy life moment by moment” way. Well, I’ve kicked it up a notch the last two days and have painted both of the boys’ rooms. (Pictures to follow once I have the stripes done and all the stuff back on the walls.) I have to admit, it feels really good. Both love them, which is a plus for me. They should like them however, they got to pick out the paint colors.
Little Guy- Grey walls with three two inch stripes around the top 12 inches of the wall in black, lime green and turquoise. (I know, I said the same thing. His comforter has all those colors in it so it actually will coordinate in the end. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.)
Big Guy-Black and red. Sounds simple right? Well, I just had one of my girlfriends paint her son’s accent wall red and said it was a nightmare. I was a little worried after I heard that. I opted not to prime. (I know. You’re supposed to prime the wall so it will cover better. I just don’t have the patience though.) It actually turned out very nice, though. Dark, but nice.
I took my time painting my little guy’s room and not a drop of paint hit the floor, woodwork or anything! I was so proud of myself.
Since I had left over energy from the day before I did my big guy’s today. Still taking my time, especially with BLACK and RED paint. I kept telling myself, “If this hits the floor, I’m going to swear so loud, my mom will hear me 5 miles away.” I really took my time. Black. Done. Not a drip. Now for the red. I was even nervous opening the can. Lid off. Successful. Pour. Pause. Shock. OMG! Yes, you guessed it. As I was pouring the paint into the small pan, the can rocked back too far, and sure enough, ¼ of the paint was now on the floor and my feet.
I was stuck and couldn’t move. THANKFULLY, I had put down double plastic all around the perimeter of the room. The entire red puddle was floating like grease in water atop the plastic bag. I’ve never thanked God more. After wiping my feet, and calling for reinforcements (children and husband) I managed to contain the entire spill and put the tarp into two trash bags without ONE drop of red on the floor. I couldn’t believe it. I was so relieved. Just goes to show you, that accidents really do happen even when you’re being careful. (Note to self, remember this when son dents the car one day.)
I’ll post some pictures of the finished rooms shortly. Off to pull the tape off the trim. (And to say another prayer of thanks.)
No comments:
Post a Comment