Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blog Title Envy

I love reading other people’s blogs. The stories are interesting, heartwarming, and often touching, but I read them more for inspiration.  There are certain ones I follow for their photography and there are others I read for their choice of words or funny twists.   I always learn something new when I read them.

Lately, I’ve been fascinated with their titles.  Some are straight forward and right in your face, but the ones I love are the ones that grab you by the arm and pull you in.   It’s harder than you think to come up with something catchy and pertinent to your story.  I know, I’ve tried. Perhaps I may have a slight case of Blog Title Envy.

As I browsed through some of my favorite bloggers this morning, I started to see some patterns for titles.   A formula of sorts.  So I’ve decided to try my hand at Titling, or at least that’s what I’m calling it today.  For me, being creative, in whatever way, fuels my soul.  I feel better if I’ve done something creative or crafty during the day.  So I hope you’ll allow me to think aloud for a bit and try my hand at being creative with Titling.

            Fruit + Day of the Week
                        Watermelon Tuesdays
                        Blackberry Sunday
                        Strawberry Saturdays

            Color + A Sound
                        Green Whispers
                        Periwinkle Clapping
                        Spring Green Thunder

            Soft Drink + Number
                        Root Beer 98
                        Jones Soda 24
                        Shasta 16

            Animal + Sport
                        Turkey Tennis
                        Kitty Kickball
                        Parakeet Polo
                       
           
                       

1 comment:

  1. Blog Title Envy caught my attention! I'm like you...I don't see how some people always have the catchiest titles!

    Come by when you can...

    www.frugaltractormom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails