I don’t give up easily, but gosh darn it, today I had to give up and throw in the towel. It’s supposed to be 92 degrees today, so thought I’d get the breeze flowing through the house before the sweat beads began to appear on my forehead. (Yes, I know I was so excited about having air conditioning, but want to hold out as long as I can. I need at least one month to see where that utility bill is going to be hovering.)
Our master bedroom has custom roller shades in a heavy blue linen fabric that really make it dark at night, but keep the warm air in we’ve discovered. (Item #16 on the list of things to replace.) I tried to lift the shade this morning to let the breeze in and sure enough it gave out. The entire roll of fabric came tumbling down upon me. I grabbed the step ladder and thought a simple “roll it back up by hand” and reinsert it into the slots would be all it would take and I’d be good. No siree! Didn’t happen.
The spring got too loose when I pulled the shade and somehow the spring sprung. I saw this as a personal challenge and got on my laptop and googled “how to fix roller shade” and had several good sites offer their 1-2-3 steps to fixing my now defunct roller shade. All of which didn't work.
After using the pliers on the pawl and ratchet (those are roller shade terms for you unhandy types) I attempted it again and again and again and finally decided to give up. I do not have the patience for this task today. So, until we get to Item #16 on our replace it list, we will have to be careful when walking between the closet and bathroom. Guess I’ll have to get out my robe even if it is 92 degrees out. Gosh darn that pawl and ratchet!
No comments:
Post a Comment