Monday, February 14, 2011

L-O-V-E

Today the world will be filled with pink and red and all things lovely.  I think I’m pretty neutral when it comes to Valentine’s Day.  I could take it or leave it.  It’s nice to share your love with your sweetheart and browse through the cards at the store and make sugar cookies in the shape of hearts.  And, I think everyone enjoys having an envelope sitting on the table with their name on it.  But, as my best friend said last night, “Do we really need a day on the calendar that requires us to do that?  Shouldn’t we be doing that every day?” 


I think so.

The love we show each other comes in the simple kindness of our deeds and in our words that we choose to use throughout the day.  Valentine’s Day should be seen in our lives every day by turning on your spouse’s electric blanket while they’re in the shower, by listening with our full attention to our children when they’re talking about their day at school, or by calling a sick friend to see if they need anything.  Our actions and our loving words are our gifts to each other.  Those are the tiny everyday moments that are wrapped in pretty paper and tied with satin ribbons.   We don’t have to call it Valentine’s Day though, let’s just call it L-O-V-E.

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
Franklin P. Jones

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
Aristotle

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
Sam Keen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FEBRUARY VOCAB CHALLENGE 101
Day 8

fell: (adjective) Fierce, cruel, lethal

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails