Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Update Closed"

Today is the second of February and the news is covered with stories of snow and blizzard conditions.  The crawl on our favorite tv station says, “Update Closed” due to the cold temperatures, so no school once again today. More than fifteen states are under some kind of weather advisory. The Midwest to the East Coast is blanketed in snow and ice inches thick. 

Yet, we’re inside under our electric blankets toasty warm.  We have heat.  So many people today are experiencing power outages and are without heat and the comfort of their own home.

Today I am thankful that we can stay inside and keep warm and enjoy the day off without worry.  We don’t have to shovel snow and we have more hot tea than anyone could possible need.  I am thankful today for our safety and comfort.

As I was reading about the weather yesterday I came across this photo that made me laugh and wanted to share it with you.  I hope you all stay warm today. 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails