Friday, December 16, 2011

Be Merry and Bright

The week is coming to an end and the loose ends that were sprawled about have almost all been neatly tied up again and put in their place.  It’s amazing what crossing an item off the “to do” list will do for the spirit.  

We’ve had a nice, but busy week of school finals, office parties, cub scout meetings, school parties, friends over, birthdays, choir concerts, shopping, wrapping, and stocking hunting.  Yes, I found the two missing stockings!  

I’m ready for the boys to be out of school so we can enjoy a family movie night and pajama day in the weeks ahead.  We all deserve some down time because before we know it, we’ll be taking the tree and decorations down and filling our heads with goals for 2012.  

For today, however, I’ll put on my Room Mother hat and give instructions on the beaded snowflake craft and make sure everyone gets a candy cane and enjoys the holiday hangman game we have planned.  Tis the season, right?  Gosh, I may have to get out the step-ladder and grab one of the boys’ Santa hats and be merry and bright.  Ho Ho Ho.

(While I was searching my photos for a snapshot to include, I found these from our Christmas card photo shoot from 2006.  We just took a picture a month ago almost like it.  Their order is reversed in the one we just took. They grow so quickly.)

2006

 2011

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE those pictures of your boys! Beautiful! I am much like you... the busy running is beginning to wear on me. I so desperately need a day at home to prepare, rest, and regroup. Your house sounds just like the place I would like to be right now! I hope you are having a nice Christmas season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to come on over.......we could have a cup of virtual tea and chat and slow down, huh? I'm trying to just relax even though I still have so much to do.....like holiday food shop, make goodies for the neighbors, make a dessert, plan events while my brother and sister-in-law are here...and the list goes on........take a few minutes for you today! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Having coffee with you this morning. Please greet your relatives and let them know we are all doing well. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails