Friday’s Love……….My Spouse
My husband. My Spouse. My Sweetheart. My Love. My Heart of Hearts.
We met the first time at a dinner on a cold January evening during college. We sat next to each other and talked about this and that, but I didn’t know then, that he was going to love me and that I was going to love him.
We left the dinner and didn’t cross paths for the rest of the semester. We may have exchanged a nod at the bookstore out of recognition or a hello in the student center, but nothing of significance.
Summer came and went. School started again in the fall and we crossed paths again and remembered our first meeting and had one conversation. One conversation. I knew at the end of that conversation who he was to me. I knew. I instantly knew I was home and that he was going to be my husband. It only took one conversation. Just one to reconnect.
I had never been so certain of anything before in my life.
We got married a year and a half later and have been happily married now for twenty-one and a half years. That may seem like a long time, but to us, we still feel like newlyweds.
I can look into his warm brown eyes to this day and my heart flutters like I’m still that 21 year-old girl. I love his smile, his honesty, his strength, his gentleness, his caring nature, his openness and can recognize his walk from a mile away.
His heart is now mine and mine his and think we always belonged to each other, even before we knew each other. At one time, we were of the same heart and sent here to reconnect and become one again.
I love my husband, my spouse, my sweetheart, my love, my heart of hearts.
I really love this post. Your story sounds so much like mine. I knew my husband was going to be mine as well. We know that we were meant to be together. I know we made a promise in the pre-existence to find each other in mortality. I KNOW it. You just feel it in your soul... like you said... it feels like you've come home. You and your husband sound so much like me and mine. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful, Ginger. Perhaps one day we will cross paths and share more stories together. So happy for you!
ReplyDelete