Thursday’s Love…..Stillness
The sun isn’t quite up yet, but it’s up enough to change the darkness of the sky to a deep navy blue. The birds are still sleeping and the wind hasn’t decided to play yet. My family is still tucked in the covers, not ready to rub their eyes awake.
I love this time because of the stillness that is present.
I love stillness. Is that possible?
I can multi-task with the best of them, but when all the i’s have been dotted and t’s crossed and there is a moment when it’s quiet and peaceful, I’m there. Perhaps it’s my yoga of sorts. Quiet time, alone, candle glow, peaceful breathing, warm air, sunlight on the floor, hearing only my heartbeat; stillness at its best.
I feel as if I can breath better in the quiet. I can be present in the moment when things are still. When stillness makes its way into my day, I welcome it with open arms and embrace it while I can. I’m always appreciative of its visit.
Stillness comes to us as a gift to connect with ourselves, God, our souls, and the space around us. We all need stillness in our day to reenergize and restart our minds and bodies, so if it comes to visit you today, invite it in for a cup of tea and sit down and relax for a bit. It will do you more good than you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment