Monday, February 6, 2012

Five Days Of Love: Day One


L.O.V.E.

It’s a word that has an infinite number of definitions.  It means everything to everyone.  It’s universal and complicated.  It’s sweet and sour.  It’s an emotion that everyone knows in one form or another.  It’s simple.  It’s love.

For the next five days, I want to share five loves of mine; loves that make my life rich and full of life.  I hope you’ll join me on this little love fest this week.  It may not be all mush and sloppy kisses, but it’s love nevertheless.

Monday’s Love……..Photography

Yes, you had to know that I love taking pictures and capturing all the moments of life as it flies by. I’m not a professional photographer by any means, but I love catching a moment that brings a smile to my face or shows raw, real emotion.  You should feel something when you see a photo, shouldn’t you?

My family has gotten used to me taking photos of everything and just goes with the flow now.  They know I’m going to take the picture whether or not they like it, so they just ignore me and go on about their day.

Before I got my latest camera, everything was staged and everyone looked at the camera and said “cheese”. I try now to just snap away in hopes of capturing that emotion and feeling that’s in the room. I love when it happens and feel giddy that I “got it”. 

I’m still learning about the details of my camera and hope to improve each day and create with the way I see things through the lens.  I have so much to learn, but that’s what makes this love of mine so enjoyable. There’s always room for improvement.

So, here are some of the reasons I love photography; one of my five loves.



1 comment:

  1. I love all of your pictures! You do have a talent for taking some great shots of your family "living" life... that is something I'm not very good at and wish I was better. Thankfully, my daughter loves to take pictures, but there isn't very many of "us". I need to do better there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails