Remember the book I told you about, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin? It’s become more of a textbook for me lately and really gives me food for thought on being happy. One of the ideas she discusses is how Buddhism has eight auspicious symbols to represent the teachings of Buddha and reaching enlightenment. When I think about my life, I’ve acquired symbols that represent me without even knowing it. So I wanted to share my own list of auspicious (yes, I’ve used that word twice already, but it’s a beautiful word) symbols and what they mean to me. I’ve always known these things were important to me, but never thought much of it until I did this exercise and put them down in writing. I hope it will inspire you to think of what represents you and your life and to surround yourself with them to inspire and encourage you on your road to finding happiness in your life.
Stephani’s Eight Auspicious Symbols of Life
Rain
Rain washes away the old and freshens everything around us. To remind me that we have many opportunities to start again and begin something new.
Heart Shaped Rocks
Love is everywhere and in all things, even a rock. To remind me that love is always there and you just have to keep your eyes open to see it.
Books
Knowledge, hope, inspiration and guidance are there and available at any moment in books. To remind me that we are never too old to learn something new or to feed our souls with information.
Pears
The color inspires me to be who I am. To remind me that I am unique. Just like the Pantone color 578.
A New Notebook and Pencil
Each day is a clean sheet waiting for the writing/creativity to be placed upon it.
To remind me of all the possibilities in the world.
A Bird
Even the smallest of creatures bring joy to the space around us. To remind me that the little things matter.
Pearls
Nature is an amazing place to just “be”. God has created so many wonders for us to enjoy. To remind me of all things natural and gracefully put upon this earth.
A Tree
A tree is strong and supported by its roots. To remind me that you can do anything you want with the love and support of your family and friends around you.

No comments:
Post a Comment