I’m a Mac girl thanks to my brother. I couldn’t live without my digital silver compact and all its bells and whistles. I don’t have a name for her, but probably should since I spend so much time with her and am over protective of her in every way.
No one is allowed to take her for a walk, unless her screen is shut and she’s securely fastened and in the locked position (holding her for dear life with both hands). No one is allowed to eat near or have a glass of water within spilling range of her, dare a few drops of moisture come near her tender little keys. And, no one is allowed to hit “download now” unless they ask me first and it’s homework related (two bits which hardly ever go hand in hand).
Well, the other night, we were sitting together in the living room so I could hear the boys playing outside when she came down with what I thought was a small case of the hiccups. She hadn’t been ill, nor had anyone broken any of the commandments (that I knew of). This worried me greatly. I tried the few steps I knew and upon her restarting, she indicated that she needed to be in “safe mode” for some reason. I didn’t like this one bit and immediately called her doctor (my brother) who patiently listened to the ranting mother and how her poor baby was sick and how it came on so suddenly with no warning whatsoever. He calmed me down and suggested a few simple clicks, keystrokes and restarts, and in a matter of minutes, her episode had passed and was perfectly fine.
Her diagnosis. “Crumbitis”. I know! I was shocked! Seeing how I follow the commandments faithfully, I couldn’t understand how she could have come in contact with such a disease. Where had she been when I was at book club? Had she snuck into the kitchen cupboards? Apparently so. What else could have happened? Evidently, she had a cookie or cracker one afternoon and a crumb lodged itself under her left shift key causing her to cough and wheeze. I know. It’s just too hard to believe.
I immediately told everyone in the house to be on the lookout for anymore of this type of behavior from her because apparently she has a liking for crumbly snacks after school. I put everyone on high alert to ensure she didn’t sneak anything else from the kitchen. Everyone understood the alarm it caused mom and vowed to make sure she never ate another cracker or Oreo again.
I was so thankful her doctor was on call that night. I don’t like calling him so late at home, but he’s always so gracious and willing to help. Plus, his bedside manner is flawless. Cool, calm and most definitely collected. I hope this was just a little episode and won’t need his digital doctoring again any time soon. So for now, my little girl seems to have recovered fully and have since backed her up three times and updated her baby book so that she’ll be able to share her story with her children one day.
Open 24 hrs. House calls if needed.
ReplyDeleteThe Doctor.
Thanks Doctor! So thankful you're in our digital health plan!
ReplyDelete