Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Inner Duck

I’ve always said that in my previous life I was a duck.  I know this because when it’s cloudy, grey and wet outside my heart sings and I want to quack. I love the weather and all its mist and fog.  I don’t know why this is.  Perhaps I was just wired that way when I was born. 

A few mornings ago, I took a picture of the trees along the road as I was driving to meet a friend for coffee.   Isn’t it beautiful?   The trees are there, but not there.  You almost expect a man to come riding out of the fog with a cape flapping behind him looking to deliver an important message to the lady of the house, no? 


I’m so much more productive on days like this.  I get the house cleaned, the laundry done and so many other things accomplished.  When the weather is like this is makes me more reflective on life and how thankful I am for the life I have right now.  It makes me get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside and somehow gives me permission to slow down.  Why? I don’t know, but I do.

At this time of the year, I become obsessed with the weather. (Ok, maybe that’s not completely true.  I’m obsessed with knowing the weather pretty much all the time.  I like to be in the know and be that person who knows what it’s going to be like on Saturday when it’s Tuesday.  I know.  I’m weird that way, but what is a girl to do about it?  I could be obsessed with shoes, which I am not.  Weather. Free. Shoes. Not Free.)

Anyway, I anxiously wait for 10:12 PM to roll around almost any given night so I can watch my favorite weather man stand in front of his green screen and tell me I’m going to have more of my favorite days coming soon. Cold, wet, cloudy and rainy.  At least that’s what I hope he tells me. Even in the middle of winter I hope for this forecast.  (A girl can hope can’t she?) 

Well, this week, I’m in luck.  Here’s the forecast for the next seven days. 


 Can you see my smile through the screen?  It’s there.  I’m giddy and getting that warm and fuzzy feeling about Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.   My inner duck will be quacking with glee.  Quack. Quack.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy Brech11/12/2011

    I can completely relate to this! I love those kind of days also. I love the Colorado sun but love the dreary days also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be weather soul sisters then!! Thanks for stopping by and reading, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails