Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Talk

Some random thoughts and observations on a Tuesday in October.

This morning’s sky was one of witches and broomsticks.   It was the most unusual orange, grey and cloudy sky.   The trees came alive against the backdrop of color, though.  Amazing if I say so myself. Too bad I didn’t have my camera with me. (I’ve now put it in my purse for just these occasions.  Won’t miss out on the next photo op.)

I think I’m losing more hair than ever.   I feel like the autumn leaves of hair.   In a matter of a month I think I could make a pretty decent wig.  Maybe I need to switch shampoos?

If I were to make a list of all the things I need to get done, I think I would have enough to publish a book.   Mind you, these aren’t “buy groceries”, “do laundry” types of things, but more along the line of  “hang pictures in the basement”, “create a school work organizing system” types of things.  The good kinds of things to do, but it seems like there are just so many to do.

Did you know that you can buy a deer head mounted, a pink candy dish, two embroidered pillowcases, an army jacket, old teaspoons, and cow bells all under one roof?   Mom and I (doesn't she look cute in her jacket and scarf? - Four different people told her so!) spent over two hours in an antique mall this afternoon and had a fantastic time checking out all the treasures, trying on hats and laughing together at everything. I bought a $5 farm bucket, my name in Scrabble letters and a vase that says “family” up the side. With such a long name, don't you think it would be worth more than 13 points?  I left the velvet chipmunk however, in section CH45 if you want to pick it up.  It was only $11.95.
She didn't get it.

Antique shop finds

I love the sound of my boys playing outside.  I know I’ve written about this before, but it is the most terrifical sound ever.

Both of my boys came home with report cards today.   Between the two of them, we have a total of 4 A+’s, 10 A’s, and one A-.   How ‘bout them apples?  So proud of them.

If I say “potato”, you say “ricer”.  (You had to have been there.)

I’ve put off turning the heat on for three days now, but it looks like I’m going to have to break down and just turn it on.   The chill is nice outside, but I get a little irritable when it’s inside.  It’s that or put on my gloves with no fingers and a hat and another pair of socks and a ….

My neighbor’s front door is decorated so beautifully with grapevine wreath, fall vines and orange lights in the evening.  I’m so jealous!   I may have to try my hand at keeping up with the Joneses and make me a replica for my very own front door.  I’ll let you know how it turns out.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails