Friday, October 8, 2010

You CAN Get A CAN



Remember my post a few weeks ago, “But My Actions Don’t Show It”?  Well, have I got news for you.   Check out these photos.  We did it.

  

We’ve recycled for two weeks now and it feels great.  We only had three bags of trash in our normal trashcan this week.  Three.  You think I’m joking, but it’s true.   Who knew so much of our trash could be recycled?   It’s a great feeling knowing we have done our part these last two weeks to help cut down on the exorbitant amount of trash that goes out into the world.   


The best part is we actually get “credit” for recycling.  There is a little microchip on the front of our recycle bin that weighs the amount of recycling and “credits” our account with points.  The points (just like travel miles) add up and can be used for free movie tickets, or coupons at restaurants, etc.   It’s a win win situation for everyone.


The best part is that it feels good to be doing good.   We had to make space in the garage for another large trashcan, but we managed to do it and have all been surprised at how easy it was to do.  I probably spent and extra half hour over the last two weeks rinsing bottles and cans, but that’s it.  It really wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be.

I would encourage each of you to call your trash company and ask about their recycling program if you haven’t already done so.  They’ll bring you the supplies to do it and in a matter of minutes, that can will be filling up with every used plastic, tin and cardboard scrap you have.  I think I’m going to start saving our “credits” for a trip to Hawaii.  Won’t that make a great blog post!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails