Friday, November 5, 2010

Casual Friday

Pull up a chair and grab your coffee (or tea, or diet dr. pepper) and sit back because today is Casual Friday here at my little blog space.   It seems that the week has flown by and the weekend is just minutes away.   Sharing a few random thoughts with you here today.  Enjoy your weekend.

-I love our king-sized bed.   We had a queen-sized bed for twenty years and have to say, that a king is the only way to go.   Why did we wait so long to upgrade?

-When I was taking the clothes out of the dryer today, I was thrilled to get paid by my oldest son for doing his laundry.  $17.40.  Not bad for one load of towel and jeans.  He got Keva Juice with his friends last week and left his change in his pocket.  He doesn’t even know he left the tip for me. (I’m terrible about checking pockets before I wash things too, so didn’t catch it before the water hit the bills). I’ve tucked it in the “change” basket behind the washing machine and will see how long it stays there.  I think I’d know if I was missing $17.40, wouldn’t you?


-I’ve added a photo string to my wall in my loft.  I made the clothespins over the weekend and labeled them all with different words, then had prints made of my favorite photos and hung the string.  I like the way it turned out.


-I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping this year.  I’m not usually like this, but for some reason, just don’t have any original ideas, so keep putting it off in my mind.  If I keep doing this, I will be one of those out shopping Christmas Eve and wrapping everything in the car.  I better get on it.

-Our new kitten Nela is a loving little thing.  She comes when you call her and she snuggles up to you when she needs attention.   She does however, eat the other cats’ food and then looks at them while she doing it.  Quite the attitude.

-I’m thinking I might need a real camera.  We have several point and shoot cameras, and am by no means a photographer, but would like to do more close up shots and not have them be blurry and bleached out by the flash.   May need to do some research.  

Daily Gratefulness
-for sharing dinner with friends and game night
-for laughter when you need it the most
-for forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails