Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday Thoughts



Today is Friday and the end of a somewhat long week.   Here are a few thoughts that have crossed my mind the last few days.
  
-I am so proud of my family. 

-Teaching school is a difficult job.  You have to have so much patience and understanding.  When the little boy’s mother comes to volunteer and he’s not in her group for that day’s rotation, you have to bend the rules and make that child’s day.  Let him be in the group his mother is teaching. Teachers deserve more respect and appreciation.  I think it should be mandatory that every parent teach their child’s class for one day.   They’d never complain about anything again! 

-My kids are funny, loving, and just plain great.

-I am one of many stay at home mothers, but am so grateful for the opportunity every day.  I love being home when my children are done with school and hearing about everything that happened in school that day.  I love knowing what they’re thinking right as the think it.  I know that it’s making a difference in their lives and am thankful to my husband for supporting my dream job.

-Every morning our neighbor leaves at the exact same time.  The truck is loud and once I hear it, I know my slumber is coming to an end.   I’m hoping he’ll take a vacation next week while the boys are off from school!  Doubtful, but a girl can hope right?

-I have wind chimes outside our back door.  They’ve been ringing too much for my liking.   Go away wind!

-I haven’t read a book in over four weeks.   Need to change that.  My mom brought over a book today for me, so may need to start it tonight.   She tucked three tissues in the inside cover.  Hope it will be a good cry and not a sad cry. 

-I don’t have an oven right now.  I’ve managed to get along without it, but it’s really starting to hinder my dinner choices.  I think we’ll have to get one ordered this weekend.  Need to make pie and cupcakes for the holidays and want to have a frozen pizza for a change.


Daily Gratefulness
-for patient teachers
-for kleenex
-for medicine to make a sinus headache vanish

1 comment:

  1. Our neighbor has a diesel truck that he warms up for thirty min every morning!! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails