As November sneaks into our lives, I am thankful for its entrance. I think November is one of my favorite months for several reasons; the weather of course, the year coming to a close, and a month in which everyone talks of thankfulness.
Being grateful is easy when things seem to be going well. We can be thankful for happy children, wonderful times with friends and family, a beautiful home to keep us warm, and every good grace that crosses our path. It’s during these times that being grateful is simple.
What about the times when it’s not so easy? How can we be grateful then? How do you say thanks when someone is home sick, when the car needs new brakes or when a family is in mourning? It’s there; gratefulness. We have to open our hearts to see it though and recognize that it’s there for us to hold on to.
We can be grateful we’re able to be home with a sick child and comfort them. We can be grateful the brakes were less costly than we had expected. We can be grateful we have family surrounding us to comfort us in a time of mourning. It’s there; gratefulness.
I challenge you, on this first day of November, to keep a list, a journal, a voice memo or what have you of the things you are grateful for each day this month. I will do my best to share mine along with you at the bottom of each post. I will call this list, Daily Gratefulness. If you feel like sharing on a given day, then please do so. I love reading your comments.
I welcome November with open arms and the newness the 1st of the month brings to us.
Daily Gratefulness
-for morning hugs from my boys when they are still half asleep
-for crock pots on a crisp day
-for the gift of being a stay at home mom
I always post what I'm grateful for on Mondays...the day when I FEEL the LEAST grateful! It's a good way to start the week.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea! Stopping by from Tuesdays Unwrapped.