Thursday, December 2, 2010

Extra Lights and a Cat Ornament

This is our first Christmas in our new house and so was excited to see what the house would look like all decorated.   I had thrown out several old and tattered decorations before we moved, then sold 50% of what décor I had left at our garage sale prior to the move and was still surprised by how much I have left over that I didn’t use. 

I put the remaining decorations in a plastic tub in the basement storage left to collect dust and be of no use, until today.

One of my friends is an angel.  Really, she is. (You can see her halo and wings when she’s not watching.) She has requested any extra Christmas décor to decorate a foster family’s tree tomorrow for five little girls that have never had a Christmas.   Never had a Christmas.

This just made my heart pound.  I had to do something.  I found the tree stand we used last year for our real tree (that I so desperately had to have and will probably never have another real tree again), found the box with all the extra lights in it and then remembered we had a whole box of teddy bears in the garage.  But were there five?

I went to the garage to look in the box and found four.   Rats!  My husband decided to check in the other box next to them and sure enough, there was one more bear.  Five!  They will each get a new home to five little girls who will love them and hold them.
A much better life than living in the garage in a box, don’t you think?  (God Wink don’t you think?  Five bears for five little girls?)

So tomorrow, I will get the joy of helping someone decorate their home so that they will have a  wonderful tree and decorations to share with their family just like the rest of us will.  It will be wonderful to look forward to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails