Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Chaos Means Prioritizing


My body has been going a million miles a minute this week.  My mind has been going faster, if that’s even possible.  I feel like I’m living in one of those wind machines where you stand inside a tube and everything flies around you while you try to catch the little pieces of paper hitting you in the face.  So, today, I am prioritizing once again and need to go buy grapes for my son’s class party and finish wrapping gifts and finish 429 other things that I won’t inundate you with right now.  I’m going to leave you with some thoughts and observations that have crossed my path this week.  I hope you are enjoying the holiday chaos that is upon us.  Christmas is only 8 days away.  OH MY!  I think I just might faint right now.

Photo Bucket Credit
Weathermen don’t have to be good at their jobs.  “We’re going to have six inches of snow tonight, so be prepared for a rough commute.” We woke to a dry sidewalk and driveway.   We even let the boys stay up late and watch a movie in anticipation of a snow day.  Go figure.

My husband won a trip to the Sugar Bowl and can’t wait to get away together.  We need some “us” time to just be. Now to find an Ohio State hat or sweatshirt to wear!

I love peace and quiet.

This week while I’ve been out shopping, I’ve scored a front row parking spot at EVERY store I’ve gone to.  Really.  I am not making this up.   I got the giggles last night when I pulled into Walgreen’s and was smack in front of the door.

I found a radio station on itunes that I can’t stop playing.  It’s called K-LOVE Christmas and plays Christmas songs I’ve never heard and am enjoying them immensely.  I don’t know about you, but if I hear Mariah Carey sing “All I Want For Christmas Is You” one more time, I think I just might scream.

I truly have no wants this year for Christmas.  I had a hard time coming up with a list to give my family.  I think that’s a good thing, don’t you?

I love to brainstorm about anything.  It gives me a little creative boost and keeps my mind fresh.  Kind of like doing a crossword puzzle or the sodoku in the paper for some of you.

I can honestly say I don’t watch TV regularly - except for the news and the Sounds of the Season music on Channel 433.   I am however, looking forward to Oprah’s OWN Network starting in January.  She’s going to add that positive spin on tv that is so needed.  I’ll be watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails