Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Give it Five Stars


This last weekend was just plain wonderful.  Everyone had a little something on the schedule just for them, as well as a family event for all of us.   It couldn’t have been more perfect had I really tried to make it exactly that way.  

It began with Friday evening and my youngest son’s birthday sleepover with three of his friends.   They had a great time together complete with popcorn, games, movies, cheesecake, laughing and more laughing ‘til the wee hours of the morning.  I had to send my apologies off with each boy for how tired each of them were going to be come 5PM.

Saturday afternoon my husband headed north for  some time to play field hockey with his friends while my youngest played games with Nani and Grandpa for the afternoon.  My oldest and myself headed downtown so he could participate in the annual Tuba Christmas concert outside in the park.  They practiced for 90 minutes in the basement of the church (which was nice and warm I might add) and then played outside for an hour-long concert in the 28°F weather.  His lips and fingers were pretty much numb thirty minutes into it.  Everyone then joined us at the park for the concert, which was fantastic!

That night I spent an hour with my parents at the church choir concert and enjoyed the wonderful music and soloists and ALL the decorations galore.  The songs were beautiful and the little girl on the front row in her gold star costume was about as “Broadway” as a five year old could be.  So adorable.

To finish the weekend off we slept in a little on Sunday, had a late breakfast, then finished off homework and headed to our friends’ church for a wonderful production of Scrooge.   The pews were filled and the show was great.  It was even more enjoyable watching our friends who were in the production and all their dancing and singing.   It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.   The spirit of Christmas and togetherness was upon us the entire time. Overall I give it five stars and I’d like to order another three days just like them for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails