Friday, May 6, 2011

I Dreamed of Being a Mother

I knew from when I turned sixteen that I wanted to be a mother.  I dreamed of rocking them and reading to them.   I dreamed of splashing with them in the pool. I dreamed of their kisses and smiles and arms around my neck.

I never dreamed my heart could feel so full though.  I never dreamed I would have such pride for their warm hearts and beautiful spirits, so much pride that there are days I can feel it tingle in my toes.  I never dreamed they would teach me about life and how to live.

For the last fourteen years, I have been honored to be mother to two of the most beautiful children in the world.  I’m not talking about their gorgeous eyes and smiles, but their handsome hearts that fill every room they enter.

God blessed me with these two young gentlemen and for that I am forever grateful.   My life would never be what it is today without them.  I love you both more than you will ever know.   It’s because of you that I get to be included in Mother’s Day. 

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, who gives her heart and soul to her family, and to all the mother’s I know. Enjoy this day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails