You know the scene in the movie where Dorothy is running back to the house with Toto in her arms? The wind is blowing so hard that the screen door blows off the house, the horses are let loose to find shelter, tumbleweeds are hitting her feet as she makes her way back home and she can’t get into the cellar. The tornado is in the background moving toward her as she runs back into her bedroom when the window shatters and hits her in the head. Well, that’s how I’ve felt these last few days. I’ve been dodging the to do list, trying to find my way through the grocery store quickly to make the pick up time at school, washing the sport uniforms late at night in preparation for the next day, signing permission forms, trying to pack for a weekend trip and the craziness goes on.
![]() |
| photo credit |
I really feel like a tornado is upon our schedule and the dates are all beginning to look the same. Is today Tuesday? I must have asked myself this three times already today! I laugh when someone asks me about a date two weeks from now and whether or not we’d be available. We are on an hour-by-hour schedule at this house right now. I can’t think ahead three hours, let alone two weeks. It makes me laugh.
I have lists on the back of index cards, on the back of receipts, on full sheets of notebook paper, because if I don’t write it down, it doesn’t happen. At this point, I’m just ready for the school year to end and for the schedule to lighten up a bit. Not that it will, but a girl can dream can’t she?
My husband and I are headed to our niece’s law school graduation this weekend and I am so looking forward to sitting on the plane with a book and a diet coke and just breathing for a few hours. It will be a wonderful weekend and hopefully a time to start picking up the pieces from the windstorm of our schedules and recharge my very low battery. I am looking forward to packing my ruby slippers and putting our schedule on hold to enjoy a slower pace for a few days. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for holding down the windy fort while we’re gone. I can’t thank you enough!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling the pressure! I hope you enjoy your weekend away and have a great time with your husband.
ReplyDelete