In a matter of hours, 26 ½ to be exact I will be the mother of a freshman in high school and a fifth grader. Sigh. Ok, two sighs. I know it’s not all about me, but I don’t feel old enough to have kids this age. How can it be? I know time passes whether or not I want it to, but this year has just flown by. My boys have changed so much. They’ve matured, they’ve gotten cuter by the minute, (I can say that because I’m their mom AND it’s true) they’ve learned some life lessons, and think they’ve even become a little bit closer as brothers.
I’m so proud of both of them and hope they know it. I can hardly wait to see what’s in store for the two of them. I know they will do great things in their lives and in the lives of those around them. They are destined for great things.
Tonight is our oldest son’s 8th grade continuation ceremony. We will be sitting in the audience watching him receive his academic gold medal and hope he remembers this time as a special one. I know we will. Just one of life’s many passages. We’re so proud of his accomplishments at this age. He’s done so much in these few short years of middle school and he should be proud of himself as well. Cheers to you my sweet 8th grade (soon to be freshman) boy. Your mom loves you from here to the moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment